- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp corn starch, mixed with 1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a dutch oven, melt butter. Add thyme, onion and garlic and saute until tender. Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork chops, and add to dutch oven. Brown on both sides, but don't cook through (about 2 minutes per side). Remove from pan.
- Add mushrooms to dutch oven and saute a minute or two. Add sherry to deglaze. Cook on high heat to reduce the sherry and scrape up the brown bits as it cooks down until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil. Add pork chops back to dutch oven, spooning some sauce on top. Put dutch oven, covered, into oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Uncover, and bake an additional 10.
- Remove pork chops from dutch oven and put on platter. Put the pan back on the stove. Bring to a low boil and add corn starch/water mixture, simmering until thickened. Salt & pepper to taste. Spoon sauce over pork chops
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More