- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 5 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound lean, boneless pork chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Garnishes: chopped green onions, orange slices
- Stir together 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce in a medium bowl until smooth. Add pork, tossing to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Stir together remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, remaining 4 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, and 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce.
- Heat oils in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add pork mixture, and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is browned. Add mushrooms and next 5 ingredients; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in hoisin sauce mixture, and stir-fry 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in orange juice. Serve over warm rice. Garnish, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More