- Cooking Time: 15 minutes + marinating
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp jerk seasoning
- Caribbean dipping sauce:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 to 1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced(i omit this but if you use it, wear gloves, don't touch anything else, then discard gloves!)
- 2 tsps grated fresh ginger
- 1 18oz jar orange marmalade
- 2 tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- soak 2 dozen 10 inch wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes, drain well.
- Cut tenderloin in half crosswise. Cut each half lengthwise into thin strips.
- place pork into heavy-duty resealable bag.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, oil, garlic, and jerk seasoning, pour over pork.
- seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Line a broiler pan with foil, grease the rack and place on pan.
- remove pork from bag and discard marinade.
- thread pork onto skewers in an s shape (but pull it so it is flat against the stick)
- plac skewers in a single layer on pan, broil 5 inches from heat for 8 minutes, turning once. sometimes it is done a little earlier.
- Serve warm with Caribbean dipping sauce.
- Cribbean dipping sauce:
- In a mediium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add pepper and ginger and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in marmalade, lime juice, and salt. simmer 5 minutes stirring frequently.
NotesThis summer my entire family shared a mansion of a Lake house for a week and this is what I made on my night to cook. It was a huge hit, eevryone loved it, the sauce is really sweet but a delicious pair with the pork!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More