PORK SKEWERS WITH CARIBBEAN DIPING SAUCE
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes + marinating
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp jerk seasoning
- Caribbean dipping sauce:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 to 1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced(i omit this but if you use it, wear gloves, don't touch anything else, then discard gloves!)
- 2 tsps grated fresh ginger
- 1 18oz jar orange marmalade
- 2 tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- soak 2 dozen 10 inch wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes, drain well.
- Cut tenderloin in half crosswise. Cut each half lengthwise into thin strips.
- place pork into heavy-duty resealable bag.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, oil, garlic, and jerk seasoning, pour over pork.
- seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Line a broiler pan with foil, grease the rack and place on pan.
- remove pork from bag and discard marinade.
- thread pork onto skewers in an s shape (but pull it so it is flat against the stick)
- plac skewers in a single layer on pan, broil 5 inches from heat for 8 minutes, turning once. sometimes it is done a little earlier.
- Serve warm with Caribbean dipping sauce.
- Cribbean dipping sauce:
- In a mediium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add pepper and ginger and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in marmalade, lime juice, and salt. simmer 5 minutes stirring frequently.
NotesThis summer my entire family shared a mansion of a Lake house for a week and this is what I made on my night to cook. It was a huge hit, eevryone loved it, the sauce is really sweet but a delicious pair with the pork!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More