- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1 lb.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan or pecorino
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- This works best if the tenderloin is very cold. Sticking it in the freezer for 10 minutes will help.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and the grated cheese in a shallow bowl.
- Slice the pork tenderloin into medallions that are approximately 1/2" thick. Pound the medallions until they are about half as thick with a mallet or heavy-bottomed pan or object. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the thin slices first into the beaten eggs and then into the breadcrumbs/cheese, coating all pieces.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until hot.
- Add breaded pork tenderloin to the hot oil and pan-fry until pork is done. This should only take about a minute or two per side since the pork is so thin. Set aside and keep warm
NotesThis is great served over pasta or orzo. I like serving it with pecorino orzo, on my bakespace page.