- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- Porkchops (any type will work here, bone-in, boneless, etc.) I'd probably stay away from the really thin chops
- 1-2 green peppers, sliced (depends on the size of your peppers, enough to scatter over the chops
- 1 packet of spaghetti sauce seasoning
- 1 large can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash & pat dry your chops, season each chop with salt, pepper, some basil, and garlic powder. Place chops in 13 x 9 pan.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce seasoning.
- Scatter green peppers over chops
- Pour tomato mixture over the chops
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45-60 mins. (Will vary depending on number of chops, thickness)
NotesThis is one of those recipes that doesn't really have a name. My mom would make this dish at least 2-3 times a month served over white rice.
It's a definite change from ordinary pork chops. I'd love some feedback if anyone decides to make this. Thanks!