- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. flat wide egg noodles
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 oz. sliced portabella
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried savory
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parm. cheese
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Fill a large pot half full with water. Salt water and bring to boil and add noodles. Cook until done -about 10 minutes. Drain and mix with a little oil to keep from sticking.
- While the noodles are cooking, place the olive oil in a large skillet over med. heat. Add onion and suate until slightly browned - 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and the mushrooms, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes, until the mushrooms have given off a considerable amount of liquid.
- Add the salt, soy sauce, and savory and stir. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened.
- Combine with noodles and mix well.
- Place the mushroom mixture in a shallow baking dish, cover evenly with crumbs and top with cheese.
- Drizzle with butter and place in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
NotesI think I got this recipe from my cousin when I decided to start eating a vegetarian diet
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More