- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Portabello Mushrooms
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- Large Basil leaves wash and patted dry
- Pesto Mayo ( Recipe follows)
- Roasted red peppers
- Red onion sliced
- Whole Wheat Hamburger buns
- Marinade the mushrooms with the dressing ( any vinegar dressing will do) for about 4 hours
- prepare pesto mayo by using 1/2 cup each of Mayonnaise and prepared Pesto
- set in fridge.
- Roast Red peppers on top of stove on a burner until they are black on the outside. it will smell like somethings burning but don't worry. put them in a brown paper bag or plastic bag and let them stream for awhile the just peel off the black skin. try not to rinse them since this washes away the favor.
- cut into strips.
- Take mushrooms out of marinade and BBQ the mushrooms on each side for about 5 minutes on each side or so
- To make burgers
- Layer on whole wheat bun with pesto mayo then mushroom then top with red pepper strip, red onion slice and a basil leaf more Pesto mayo on top bun and Yummy time to eat.
NotesThis recipe was inspire from a trip to Yosemite Park. Most beautiful place I've ever been too. Everyone should go there. anyway, We ate at Ahwahnee Hotel and I ordered the Portabello Sandwich which was SOOOOO good that I crave it sometimes.
So here's what I came up with
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More