- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Portabello Mushrooms
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- Large Basil leaves wash and patted dry
- Pesto Mayo ( Recipe follows)
- Roasted red peppers
- Red onion sliced
- Whole Wheat Hamburger buns
- Marinade the mushrooms with the dressing ( any vinegar dressing will do) for about 4 hours
- prepare pesto mayo by using 1/2 cup each of Mayonnaise and prepared Pesto
- set in fridge.
- Roast Red peppers on top of stove on a burner until they are black on the outside. it will smell like somethings burning but don't worry. put them in a brown paper bag or plastic bag and let them stream for awhile the just peel off the black skin. try not to rinse them since this washes away the favor.
- cut into strips.
- Take mushrooms out of marinade and BBQ the mushrooms on each side for about 5 minutes on each side or so
- To make burgers
- Layer on whole wheat bun with pesto mayo then mushroom then top with red pepper strip, red onion slice and a basil leaf more Pesto mayo on top bun and Yummy time to eat.
NotesThis recipe was inspire from a trip to Yosemite Park. Most beautiful place I've ever been too. Everyone should go there. anyway, We ate at Ahwahnee Hotel and I ordered the Portabello Sandwich which was SOOOOO good that I crave it sometimes.
So here's what I came up with
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Camp Nubar Baking Class
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More