PORTUGUESE PINEAPPLE PICANDO BURGER
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Pinch orange zest
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound ground Portuguese chourico or linguica
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Zinfandel
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce from a jar
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- Vegetable oil, for brushing grill rack
- 4 Portuguese sweet rolls
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 sliced rings fresh pineapple
- To make the orange-garlic aioli:
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange juice, zest and garlic; Refrigerate to chill until ready to use.
- Prepare an open grill for moderate direct heat cooking.
- In a small frying pan, saute the ground chourico or linguica in the olive oil, add wine and tomato sauce, remove from pan and let cool.
- When the chourico is cool, in a large bowl, combine chourico to the ground beef and form 4 patties to fit the rolls.
- When the fire is ready, brush the grill rack with oil.
- Grill the patties until done to preference, turning once, 8 to 10 minutes medium rare.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, place the rolls cut side down, on the outer edges of the grill until lightly toasted.
- Spread the orange aioli on the cut sides of the rolls.
- Top the bottom roll with a bed of cilantro leaves, then the burger. Top each burger with a sliced ring of fresh pineapple, then the roll top.
NotesThis looks like the perfect balance of sweet and savory. I can't wait to try it out.
Recipe courtesy Susan Mello
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More