- Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 or 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce (for spicer taste add red or green enchilada sauce instead.)
- Dash garlic powder
- Small onion, diced
- 1 29-ounce can hominy, drained
- Boil roast in salted water until tender enough to fall apart.
- Let cool long enough so you can Skim fat from cooled broth.
- Ice cubes pick it up easily.
- Mix chile powder with enough cold water to make a paste;
- put into broth.
- Add tomato sauce, garlic and onion salts.
- Add hominy to meat. Simmer 30 minutes.
NotesThis recipe was taught to me about 40 years ago when I lived in Arizona. I have changed it much over the years, taking short cuts by using Mexican style Hominey in cans.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Jimmy Dean® Skillets, Southwest Style: Customizable Breakfast Burritos
Zucchini Patties with Zucchini Hummus
Pink Velvet CupcakesSee More