- Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 or 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce (for spicer taste add red or green enchilada sauce instead.)
- Dash garlic powder
- Small onion, diced
- 1 29-ounce can hominy, drained
- Boil roast in salted water until tender enough to fall apart.
- Let cool long enough so you can Skim fat from cooled broth.
- Ice cubes pick it up easily.
- Mix chile powder with enough cold water to make a paste;
- put into broth.
- Add tomato sauce, garlic and onion salts.
- Add hominy to meat. Simmer 30 minutes.
NotesThis recipe was taught to me about 40 years ago when I lived in Arizona. I have changed it much over the years, taking short cuts by using Mexican style Hominey in cans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Shrimp Tacos With Lime-cilantro Crema
Cranberry Maple Pulled Pork
Anzac BiscuitsSee More