POSOLE CON PUERCO (PORK HOMINY MEXICAN STEW)
- Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 or 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce (for spicer taste add red or green enchilada sauce instead.)
- Dash garlic powder
- Small onion, diced
- 1 29-ounce can hominy, drained
Boil roast in salted water until tender enough to fall apart.
Let cool long enough so you can Skim fat from cooled broth.
Ice cubes pick it up easily.
Mix chile powder with enough cold water to make a paste;
put into broth.
Add tomato sauce, garlic and onion salts.
Add hominy to meat. Simmer 30 minutes.