2.5 lb beef chuck roast
2 cans beef broth
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
Handful carrots, peeled and sliced
Handful mushrooms, sliced
Seasoning salt and garlic
1. Season beef chuck roast with seasoning salt and garlic.
In large skillet, brown chuck roast on ALL sides.
2. Put chuck roast in crock pot. Pour in 2 cans beef broth and onion soup mix and stir. Cook for 3 hours on high.
3. Add potatoes, carrots and mushrooms to crockpot.
Shift meat so that veggies are all immersed in broth.
4. Cook on high for 1 hr 45 minutes (or until potatoes feel tender)
5. Reduce to low for 30 minutes.
Serve beef and veggies, with broth in a gravy boat on the side.
Pairs Well With
My husband said he wanted pot roast on a football sunday - and it was already noon, so I didn't have much time. I started an online search for potroast recipes, but lots of them took 8-10 hours in a crock pot. My mom had given me a pot roast recipe, but honestly, my mom's pot roast was one of my least favorite meals growing up (tough meat and veggies).
So, I combined several recipes and added my own touches (and used my mom's technique of browning the roast beforehand to seal in the flavor) - and it was a hit. This will take you about 5-6 hours in a crockpot and makes enough for about 4 people - yum! The meat, potatoes and carrots are so tender - my husband calls it 'melt-in-your-mouth good'