- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- (Hold onto your hats, this recipe has – you guessed it – BACON! Yum!)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ lb bacon
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 large leeks, washed thoroughly, sliced thin (or you may use 2 regular onions, chopped fine)
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled, quartered, then sliced thick
- 1 cup ½ and ½
- Heat large skillet to medium high. Pan-fry bacon until crisp and brown. Remove bacon from pan. Set aside. Add leeks/onions. Sauté for five or six minutes, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes. Brown potatoes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile chop bacon fine. Add to skillet and stir. Add contents of skillet to pot. Add butter. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer ½ hour. Add cream. Simmer another 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- If you wish it to be really creamy, toss 3 cups into blender. (DO NOT USE FOOD PROCESSOR.) add back into pot.
NotesI don't really have recipes for soup, because I always make them from scratch. So feel special. Coming to you for the first time in print, a Kyle's soup recipe. It's a simple one, but it'll get ya started.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More