- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- (Hold onto your hats, this recipe has – you guessed it – BACON! Yum!)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ lb bacon
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 large leeks, washed thoroughly, sliced thin (or you may use 2 regular onions, chopped fine)
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled, quartered, then sliced thick
- 1 cup ½ and ½
- Heat large skillet to medium high. Pan-fry bacon until crisp and brown. Remove bacon from pan. Set aside. Add leeks/onions. Sauté for five or six minutes, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes. Brown potatoes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile chop bacon fine. Add to skillet and stir. Add contents of skillet to pot. Add butter. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer ½ hour. Add cream. Simmer another 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- If you wish it to be really creamy, toss 3 cups into blender. (DO NOT USE FOOD PROCESSOR.) add back into pot.
NotesI don't really have recipes for soup, because I always make them from scratch. So feel special. Coming to you for the first time in print, a Kyle's soup recipe. It's a simple one, but it'll get ya started.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More