- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 stick butter, clarified
- 2 lge white potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 lge leeks, white part only sliced into thin rings
- 1 cup shredded parmesan reggiano cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Melt the clarified butter in a skillet and toss in the leek rings. Simmer until the leeks are soft. Drain the leeks, reserving the butter and set cooked leeks aside in a small bowl.
- Brush or spread reserved butter on the bottom and sides of your casserole dish.
- Spread your slices of potato on a plate, cover with a paper towel and cook in the microwave for two minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a layer of the white potatoes in the bottom of your buttered baking dish. Then, a thin layer of cooked leek rings. Repeat layers until all veggies are gone.
- Whip heavy cream, sherry and parmesan. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, then pour over potato and leek layers.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for five minutes to set before serving. Garnish with a light rosemary or tarragon "dust"!!
- This looks elegant and tastes divine, but it's not too extreme for most any palate. Enjoy!
NotesA fast but impressive casserole that bakes golden brown and has a subtle flavor that compliments most any entree. I love it and use it when I have a chef or catering menu that needs....something else.
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More