- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 med onions, chopped
- 1 lg garlic clove, minced
- 3 med russet potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock (or more)
- 1 cup whole milk (substitute buttermilk for tangier flavor)
- 1/2 cup roquefort cheese, crumbled (3 oz)
- Melt unsalted butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and stock. Simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Add milk and cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Puree soup in blender in batches (very carefully to avoid getting burned).
- Return soup to saucepan.
- Thin with additional chicken stock if necessary.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More