- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 med onions, chopped
- 1 lg garlic clove, minced
- 3 med russet potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock (or more)
- 1 cup whole milk (substitute buttermilk for tangier flavor)
- 1/2 cup roquefort cheese, crumbled (3 oz)
- Melt unsalted butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and stock. Simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Add milk and cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Puree soup in blender in batches (very carefully to avoid getting burned).
- Return soup to saucepan.
- Thin with additional chicken stock if necessary.