- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 medium onion, coarsely diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked/chopped bacon
- In a large soup pot, cook bacon over medium-low heat until semi-crisp. Drain bacon, chop coarsely and reserve for garnish. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of grease.
- Add diced onion and cook until it begins to brown. Increase heat to high, add a bit of chicken broth and deglaze the pot. Add remaining chicken broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, add potatoes and salt, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of potatoes and mash thoroughly with a bit of the stock to loosen them up, then stir back in along with the heavy cream and mustard, and return to a simmer.
- Adjust seasonings and serve, garnished with chopped bacon.
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More