- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 medium onion, coarsely diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked/chopped bacon
- In a large soup pot, cook bacon over medium-low heat until semi-crisp. Drain bacon, chop coarsely and reserve for garnish. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of grease.
- Add diced onion and cook until it begins to brown. Increase heat to high, add a bit of chicken broth and deglaze the pot. Add remaining chicken broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, add potatoes and salt, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of potatoes and mash thoroughly with a bit of the stock to loosen them up, then stir back in along with the heavy cream and mustard, and return to a simmer.
- Adjust seasonings and serve, garnished with chopped bacon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More