- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe pepper adds an unexpected but pleasant heat, the rosemary an unexpected perfume, and the sour cream smooths it all out.
- 1/3c +/- Olive oil
- 7-10 med Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 3-4 leeks, sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tsp Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/4tsp red pepper
- 1/4tsp wht pepper
- 1/2tsp rosemary, crushed
- 3-4c chicken stock
- 3-4c milk
- 3-5tblsp butter
- 1/3-1/2c sour cream
- Heat the oil on the stove over a med flame in a heavy stock pot or dutch oven, and add the potatoes and half the salt and pepper.
- Sauté 10min or so, turning frequently to prevent much crisping and browning, til nearly done; add leeks, garlic, spices and rest of the salt & pepper.
- Sauté 10-15min til very tender, adding more oil if necessary, and turning frequently to prevent a lot of browning.
- Add stock and milk, and cook, stirring frequently, for 30-40min til bubbling and well-done; lower heat if necessary to prevent scorching.
- To finish, turn off the fire and add the butter, then the sour cream, blending well, and serve!