- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3c +/- Olive oil
- 7-10 med Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 3-4 leeks, sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tsp Kosher salt, divided
- 1/2tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/4tsp red pepper
- 1/4tsp wht pepper
- 1/2tsp rosemary, crushed
- 3-4c chicken stock
- 3-4c milk
- 3-5tblsp butter
- 1/3-1/2c sour cream
- Heat the oil on the stove over a med flame in a heavy stock pot or dutch oven, and add the potatoes and half the salt and pepper.
- Sauté 10min or so, turning frequently to prevent much crisping and browning, til nearly done; add leeks, garlic, spices and rest of the salt & pepper.
- Sauté 10-15min til very tender, adding more oil if necessary, and turning frequently to prevent a lot of browning.
- Add stock and milk, and cook, stirring frequently, for 30-40min til bubbling and well-done; lower heat if necessary to prevent scorching.
- To finish, turn off the fire and add the butter, then the sour cream, blending well, and serve!
NotesThe pepper adds an unexpected but pleasant heat, the rosemary an unexpected perfume, and the sour cream smooths it all out.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Taste of CenturyLink
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More