- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 frozen, unbaked (9-inch) deep-dish pie crust
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped and pressed in strainer to drain thoroughly
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place a baking sheet on the center rack in the oven and heat the oven to 325°F. Separate one of the eggs; set yolk aside. Slightly beat egg yolk in a small bowl; brush the pie crust with the egg white. Layer half of the potatoes in crust, followed by layers of artichoke hearts, green onions and remaining potatoes. Warm the milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until bubbling at the edge.
- Remove milk from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese until melted. Stir in the mustard, salt and pepper, and the remaining yolk and 3 eggs. Mix until ingredients are well blended.. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Place the pie on the baking sheet and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the egg mixture is set, the crust is brown and the top is golden. Cool on a rack for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Servings: 8
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 210; Total Fat 10g; Saturated fat 4.5g; Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 650mg; Carbohydrate 22g; Fiber 1g; Protein 8g; Vitamin A 6%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 15%DV; Iron 15%DV
- * Daily Value
NotesThis recipe is delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is prepared in just 10 minutes and often provides leftovers for a nutritious snack or "next day" meal. Made with canned potatoes and artichokes, quiche is another way to fit vegetables into a meal. Two ingredients -- milk and cheese -- make quiche a good source of calcium and protein, too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More