- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound asparagus, rough ends dicarded, tips cut into 2-inch pieces, lower part cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A few dashes fresh black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth, or 2 bouillon cubes dissolved in 4 cups unsweetened soymilk
- 2 bay leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Place potatoes in stockpot and cover with cold water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Add the asparagus, boil for 3 minutes, drain, and set aside.
- Rinse out of the pot, then in the same pot saute the onion in the olive oil for 5-7 minutes; add the garlic, salt and black pepper,; and saute 2 more minutes. Add the broth and bay leaves, boil for 10 minutes, discard the bay leaves. Add the potatoes, asparagus and cashews, heat through, then puree three-quarters of the soup in a blender or food processor. Reheat if necessary. Add a squeeze of lemon and serve garnished with fresh dill.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More