- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis was another hit at my Easter table! I made two of them to serve 10 people and had quite a bit left over, but I'm sure they're going to be even better warmed up!
I used Hormel real crumbled bacon, about 5 TBSP and no lowfat or substitute anything :)
Nutrition info per serving:
480 calories;240 calories from fat;27g total fat;12g saturated fat;105mg cholesterol;1670mg sodium; 28g carbohydrate;2g fiber;2g sugar; 24g protein
Makes 6 servings...
Posted on TOH by CardinalPuff and Salsarose
- 4-cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/2-cup finely chopped onion
- 8-oz. bacon or turkey bacon,cooked & crumbled
- 1-cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-(12 fluid oz)can Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk or Nestle Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% milk.
- 1-large egg, lightly beaten,or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8-inch square baking dish.
- Layer half the potatoes, have the onion,half the bacon and half the cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers. Combine evaporated milk,egg,and seasoned salt in small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture;cover. Bake 55-60 minutes. Uncover;bake additional 5 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition info per serving:
- 480 calories;240 calories from fat;27g total fat;12g saturated fat;105mg cholesterol;1670mg sodium; 28g carbohydrate;2g fiber;2g sugar; 24g protein
- Makes 6 servings...
- Posted on TOH by CardinalPuff and Salsarose