- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 medium Potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 3 Tbsp. Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. Parsley, minced
- 3 strips Bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar Robert Rothschild Farm Gourmet Dipping Oil
- 2 Eggs
- Panko Breadcrumbs or other
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add potatoes and cook until fork tender. Remove from heat and drain in sieve.
- Hand mash potatoes and then mix in the sour cream, cheddar cheese, parsley and bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon out a large tablespoon of potato mixture and roll into log or ball shape. Place on wax paper and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs together with 1 tablespoon water to form egg wash in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl, season some breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Remove potatoes from refrigerator, dip potatoes in egg wash and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a deep frying pan, add at least 1/4 inch layer of Gourmet Dipping Oil. Heat oil to about 350-375 degrees F. Add potato croquettes a few at a time to oil and fry on all sides until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel before serving as a great appetizer.
NotesRobert Rothschild Gourmet Dipping Oil can be bought online at http://www.robertrothschild.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Breads and Pastry 101
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More