- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 rounded tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons dry (bread machine) yeast
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and knead until a uniform dough ball is formed. Cover the bowl with a towel and set in a warm place free from drafts until the dough ball doubles in size.
- Remove the dough ball from the bowl and kneasd on a floured surface until a uniform non-sticky dough ball is formed.
- Roll into a loaf shape and place into a bread loaf pan.
- Cover with a towel and set in a warm, draft-free palce until the bread rises to the desired size - the dough should be rounded with a shoulder showing on the top of the bread pan.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 400°F. for 35 to 40 minutes or until the crust is a nice golden brown.
- After baking, turn the loaf onto a cooling rack for at least an hour before bagging
NotesThis recipe is for a bread machine that can make a standard 1-pound loaf of bread. In the absence of a bread machine, the bread can be made satisfactorily by hand.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
A Falcon FeastSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More