- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 small potato
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- peanut butter
- Peel and cut the potato is small pieces.
- Boil it until fork tender.
- Drain and set aside so all the water evaporates.
- In a large bowl, mash the potato with a fork until you get a smooth paste.
- Start adding the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. You will notice it turns very liquidy, don't panic it's normal!
- Keep adding sugar until you get a solid ball that you can roll out with a rolling pin. Just remember you don't want it too dry or it will break apart. And adding water is not an option.
- Roll it out in a large circle about 1/8 of an inch thick. Take care to dust the board or counter with more powdered sugar to avoid sticking.
- Take the peanut butter and smear it all over the "dough". As thick or thin as you like.
- Now roll it all like a jelly roll. As tight as you can get it.
- Roll it all in wax paper and put in the fridge to harden which will make the cutting easier.
- Slice with a hot knife about half an inch thick.
NotesThis is a candy that my great-grandmother used to make. It is easy and fool-proof. It takes very little potato to accomplish it and as you can tell is LOADED with sugar. Making it with almond or cashew butter is tasty as well.
Keep in the fridge covered with platic wrap and i dare you to not eat all of them before other people try them. After 32 years of trying, i have failed on that account so much it's embarassing.