- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese or process Swiss cheese
- 16 ounces (about 4 cups) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, melt the 2 tablespoons butter; blend in flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and milk. Cook and stir until bubbly. Add cream cheese and Cheddar or Swiss cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in potatoes. Spoon half of the mixture into a shallow buttered baking dish, about 10x6x2-inch or 8-inch square. Top with broccoli. Spoon remaining mixture over the broccoli.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Mix bread crumbs with remaining melted butter; sprinkle around edges of casserole.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More