- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese or process Swiss cheese
- 16 ounces (about 4 cups) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- In a saucepan over medium low heat, melt the 2 tablespoons butter; blend in flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and milk. Cook and stir until bubbly. Add cream cheese and Cheddar or Swiss cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in potatoes. Spoon half of the mixture into a shallow buttered baking dish, about 10x6x2-inch or 8-inch square. Top with broccoli. Spoon remaining mixture over the broccoli.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes. Mix bread crumbs with remaining melted butter; sprinkle around edges of casserole.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More