- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs. baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 T. (3/4 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- Salt and pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 T.. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 T. dry bread crumbs
- 2 T (1/4 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter 10" glass pie plate.
- Mix potatoes and garlic in large pot.
- Cover with cold water and bring to boil. Continue boiling until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain then return potatoes and garlic to pot. Shake over medium heat until potatoes are dry, about 2 minutes. Mash potatoes with garlic and 6 T. butter.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, half and half and eggs and mash until fluffy.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Stir in green onions. spoon half of potato mixture into prepared pie plate, spreading evenly.
- Cover with cheddar cheese, pressing lightly with back of spoon.
- Top with remaining potato mixture, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with 3 T. Parmesan and bread crumbs. Dot with 2 T. butter.
- Bake until golden brown and crusty, about 45 minutes.
- Baked in a glass pie plate – should have added little more half and half and butter- it is a keeper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More