- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 large Potatoes
- BECHAMEL SAUCE
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 5 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces crumbled Maytag blue cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled Maytag blue cheese -- for sprinkling
- Peel potatoes and slice thinly with a mandoline.
- Wash potato slices in cool water to extract starch.
- Drain and dry slices and deep-fry in oil in small batches until crisp at 350 degrees. (Do not fry too dark, as chips will be baked in the oven later.)
- After frying, drain chips and salt them immediately with Kosher salt; set aside.
- To make the sauce: In a large saucepan bring the milk and cream to a boil.
- Remove from heat; add butter and cream cheese, parmesan and 5 ounces of blue cheese, whisking constantly, until melted.
- If lumpy, mix in the blender until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 2 to 4 tablespoons sauce on an 8-inch oven-proof plate.
- Mound chips high on the plate and cover with about 1/2 cup sauce, or to taste.
- Generously sprinkle with Maytag blue cheese and bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Any leftover sauce or cheese can be used on baked potatoes or pasta.
NotesUnfortunately, these are so tasty that they may become habit forming and you will probably eat too many.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More