- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2/3 cup frozen green peas
- Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium heat, and mix in the cumin, turmeric, coriander, salt, mustard seed, and cayenne pepper. Place potatoes in the skillet, and stir to evenly coat with the ghee. Cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Pour water into the skillet. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Mix the yogurt and peas into the saucepan. Continue cooking until heated through.
NotesThis is a great creamy curry recipe. It is very mild, and
unlike typical curries. A crowd pleaser!
Decadent Desserts Made From
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More