- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24 pcs.
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 cups Riced potatoes
- 6 oz Feta Cheese; Crumbled
- 4 Scallions; finely Chopped (White and light green parts)
- 4 1/2 tsp Fresh Dill; Chopped
- 4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Extra large Egg; Slightly Beaten
- Flour for Dredging
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 TB Olive Oil
- Place mashed potatoes in a large bowl, add crumbled feta, scallions, dill, lemon, and egg; Mix well.
- Chill until firm; about 2 hours
- In a low sided bowl, whisk Flour and black pepper.
- Divide mixture into walnut sized balls, then flatten slightly.
- Dredge in Flour.
- Add olive oil to a skillet set over medium heat.
- Fry potato rounds until golden on both sides; about 2 minutes on each side.
NotesServe with Tabbouleh or with Spanakopita with avgolemono saltsa (egg Lemon Sauce)
11/01/2007 - I just found out that these are called Polpetes or Patatokeftedes. Had no idea, always just called them Potato Patties
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Koken met Oma
Get Cookin'See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More