- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24 pcs.
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 cups Riced potatoes
- 6 oz Feta Cheese; Crumbled
- 4 Scallions; finely Chopped (White and light green parts)
- 4 1/2 tsp Fresh Dill; Chopped
- 4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Extra large Egg; Slightly Beaten
- Flour for Dredging
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 TB Olive Oil
- Place mashed potatoes in a large bowl, add crumbled feta, scallions, dill, lemon, and egg; Mix well.
- Chill until firm; about 2 hours
- In a low sided bowl, whisk Flour and black pepper.
- Divide mixture into walnut sized balls, then flatten slightly.
- Dredge in Flour.
- Add olive oil to a skillet set over medium heat.
- Fry potato rounds until golden on both sides; about 2 minutes on each side.
NotesServe with Tabbouleh or with Spanakopita with avgolemono saltsa (egg Lemon Sauce)
11/01/2007 - I just found out that these are called Polpetes or Patatokeftedes. Had no idea, always just called them Potato Patties
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More