POTATO GRATIN WITH GOAT CHEESE AND GARLIC
Potato Gratin with Goat Cheese and Garlic
- Cooking Time: 70
- Servings: 9
- 1 cup half-and-half, divided
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled Yukon gold potatos
- Cooking spray
reheat oven to 400.
Combine 2 tablespoons half-and-half and flour in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add remaining half-and-half, cheese, and next 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Arrange half of potato slices in a single layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour half of milk mixture over potato slices, stirring milk mixture immediately before adding. Repeat procedure with remaining potato slices and milk mixture. Bake at 400 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Makes (9) 2/3 cup servings.