- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6 (2 kugels per person)
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Olive Oil
- 6 large baking potatoes (3 pounds)
- 1 large onion
- 2 large eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Whites from 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup potato flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Generous dash pepper
- 1) Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil twelve 6-ounce custard cups, ramekins or very large muffin cups with olive oil.
- 2) Peel and finely shread potatoes and onion, using shredding disc of a food processor or the medium-size hole of a hand grater.
- 3) In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg whites with an electric mixer until thick. Stir in potatoes, onion, potato flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and pepper until blended. Fill each custard cup with about 1/2 packed cup potato mixture.
- 4) Bake 1 hour or until kugels are brown and crisp
NotesNew Version of an Old Favorite. Reduces the fat, and omits the salt.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More