- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large potatoes, grated
- 4 Tbsp. grated onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. flour or potato starch
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- vegetable oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients together until very smooth.
- In pre-heated skillet, heat oil until ready for frying
- Drop potato mixture by tablespoonfuls into skillet
- Fry each side until browned and crisp
- Serve immediately for best results
NotesThis is a traditional Jewish recipe for potato pancakes that is used during Hanakkuah
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More