- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 stick butter, clarified
- 2 lge white potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 lge leeks, white part only sliced into thin rings
- 1 cup shredded parmesan reggiano cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Melt the clarified butter in a skillet and toss in the leek rings. Simmer until the leeks are soft. Drain the leeks, reserving the butter and set cooked leeks aside in a small bowl.
- Brush or spread reserved butter on the bottom and sides of your casserole dish.
- Spread your slices of potato on a plate, cover with a paper towel and cook in the microwave for two minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a layer of the white potatoes in the bottom of your buttered baking dish. Then, a thin layer of cooked leek rings. Repeat layers until all veggies are gone.
- Whip heavy cream, sherry and parmesan. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, then pour over potato and leek layers.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for five minutes to set before serving. Garnish with a light rosemary or tarragon "dust"!!
- This looks elegant and tastes divine, but it's not too extreme for most any palate. Enjoy!
NotesA fast but impressive casserole that bakes golden brown and has a subtle flavor that compliments most any entree. I love it and use it when I have a chef or catering menu that needs....something else.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More