- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 T butter
- 4 leeks, white part only, sliced and soaked in water
- 1 sm yellow onion, sliced
- 4 lg yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c light cream (I usually only use about 1/4 c)
- fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in soup pot. Add leeks, onions, salt, pepper; saute about 15 minutes.
- Add potato; cover and cook about 5 min. Add broth, bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook about 50 minutes.
- Process 3 1 cup batches of the soup in a blender or food processor. (A stick blender will work great, too!) Soup should be creamy, but
- still have some chunks of potato.
- Stir in cream and serve hot. Garnish with chives, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, cream, etc.
- This freezes well but the broth and potato separate as it thaws. It
- looks odd until its blended again. If it seems too thick, add a little extra chicken broth or cream when you reheat.
NotesThis is my favorite potato leek soup! The recipe is from a cookbook called Causing a Stir.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More