- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 T butter
- 4 leeks, white part only, sliced and soaked in water
- 1 sm yellow onion, sliced
- 4 lg yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c light cream (I usually only use about 1/4 c)
- fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in soup pot. Add leeks, onions, salt, pepper; saute about 15 minutes.
- Add potato; cover and cook about 5 min. Add broth, bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook about 50 minutes.
- Process 3 1 cup batches of the soup in a blender or food processor. (A stick blender will work great, too!) Soup should be creamy, but
- still have some chunks of potato.
- Stir in cream and serve hot. Garnish with chives, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, cream, etc.
- This freezes well but the broth and potato separate as it thaws. It
- looks odd until its blended again. If it seems too thick, add a little extra chicken broth or cream when you reheat.
NotesThis is my favorite potato leek soup! The recipe is from a cookbook called Causing a Stir.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More