POTATO PANCAKES WITH CHUNKY VEGETABLE STEW
Potato Pancakes with Chunky Vegetable Stew
- Servings: 4
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 t.. grated orange peel
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1/4 t dried crushed red pepper
- 12 oz. 1/2-in. cubed zucchini
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 1/2 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained.
- 12 Kalamata olived, pitted, chopped
- 2 lbs. russett potatoes, peeled, coarsely grated, squeezed dry in a towel
- 1/3 c. grated onion
- 2 T. all purpose flour
- Nonstick veggie spray
- 4 t. olive oil
For vegetable stew:
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion; saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add next 4 ingredients; stir one minute.
Add zucchini and tomatoes with juices; bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender, stirring occationally, about 10 min.
Add garbanzos and olives; simmer 3 minutes.
For potato pancakes:
Preheat oven to 300degrees F
Mix first 3 ingredients in bowl.
Season with salt and pepper.
Working in batches, spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray;
Add 1 t. oil and heat over medium high heat.
Add potato mixture by 1/3 cupfulls, spreading each to 3-inch rounds.
Cook until pancakes are brown, about 5 min. per side.
Transfer to baking sheet; keep warm in oven.
Place 3 pancakes on each of 4 plates.
Spoon stew over and serve.