- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- Peal the potatoes and the onion.
- Grate the potatoes and the onion on the finest side of a grater.
- This should result in a mushy mixture that has no lumps.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg, and then add it to the potato and onion mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon of each)
- Stir in the flour.
- Heat enough oil in a frying pan to generously cover the bottom.
- Once the oil is hot, using a ladle, poor mixture into the the pan. About half a ladle equals one pancake.
- Once you see that the bottom of the pancake is crisping up and browning on the edges, flip it over and allow the other side to brown. Remove from the oil onto paper towels.
- Serve with sour cream or apple sauce.
NotesThis was one of my favorite things to eat as a child in Poland.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Castello Cheese: Unlock Your Inner Chef (Inspired by Burnt, the Film)
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Playdough using cream of tartar
Frozen Lemonade Pie
Jams and MarmaladesSee More