- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of my son's favourite foods. Great as an appetizer as a side or a small meal in itself.
- 4 large potatoes(I use red but any will work)
- 1 medium to large onion
- 3 large eggs (I use double yolks)
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1 small handful chopped flat leaf parsley(can be omitted if you aren't a fan of it)
- salt & pepper
- Grate potatoes into bowl and rinse with cold water after all are grated.
- Pour the grated potatoes into a colander and push out as much water as you can and return to bowl.
- Add the onion which you can grate if you are brave enough or minced in a food processor, and the rest of the ingredients.
- Salt and pepper are added to taste.
- Give everything a stir to mix well. Prepare a large frying pan with enough oil to cover bottom about 1/4 inch and warm to medium high heat.
- When oil is hot enough, use a ladle to ladle about 3/4 full or mixture to make each pancake. Continue until all the mixture is used up.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve these as is or top with sour cream or applesauce. Or the good ole standby ketchup which is my son's choice.
- I have added some finely grated carrot to mine and it tasted pretty good. Try changing up the basics and making your own version. Enjoy!