- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large potatoes(I use red but any will work)
- 1 medium to large onion
- 3 large eggs (I use double yolks)
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1 small handful chopped flat leaf parsley(can be omitted if you aren't a fan of it)
- salt & pepper
- Grate potatoes into bowl and rinse with cold water after all are grated.
- Pour the grated potatoes into a colander and push out as much water as you can and return to bowl.
- Add the onion which you can grate if you are brave enough or minced in a food processor, and the rest of the ingredients.
- Salt and pepper are added to taste.
- Give everything a stir to mix well. Prepare a large frying pan with enough oil to cover bottom about 1/4 inch and warm to medium high heat.
- When oil is hot enough, use a ladle to ladle about 3/4 full or mixture to make each pancake. Continue until all the mixture is used up.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve these as is or top with sour cream or applesauce. Or the good ole standby ketchup which is my son's choice.
- I have added some finely grated carrot to mine and it tasted pretty good. Try changing up the basics and making your own version. Enjoy!
NotesThis is one of my son's favourite foods. Great as an appetizer as a side or a small meal in itself.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More