- Cooking Time: 5 to 8 minutes
- Servings: 15 or 20 med. size
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 5 or 6 potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- oil for frying
- Sour cream (optional)
- Peel and grate potatoes in a food processor or use a hand grater.
- Place in a clean white tea towel and ring out all of the water.
- Place in a bowl with 3/4 cups of flour........add more if needed, salt and pepper and egg.
- Mix well
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet on medium heat. Test a small amount first, so the pancakes do not sit in the oil before they start to cook.
- Drop a large serving spoon size into oil. Let get golden brown before turning.
- Continue cooking on other side.
- Drain on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet.
- Keep warm in oven or serve immediately with sour cream if you like. We like ours plain.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More