- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryUnlike typical American potato salad, this one contains no mayonnaise, making it safer for serving at outdoor events during the heat of summer. To add color to the plate, serve a mound of the salad atop a thin tomato slice.
- ½ cup Roast Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds unpeeled new potatoes, scrubbed
- ½ cup chopped fine green onions, including green tops
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fine Chives
- ¼ cup Bacon Bits
- Prepare the vinaigrette; set aside to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until just tender, about 15 to 18 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water, then drain again. Let cool to the touch.
- Cut the potatoes into halves, if very small leave whole; transfer them to a medium bowl.
- Add the green onions, garlic, chives & bacon bits; toss gently.
- Whisk the dressing; add it to the salad and toss again. Use a slotted spoon to strain the salad for serving.
- This salad will keep for up to 2 days in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator. Bring to room temp, before serving.
Fueling a Firehouse
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
BROWNIE CUPCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
Chocolate Chia Protein-Pudding
Bagel PizzaSee More