POTATO SALAD WITH ROAST LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- ½ cup Roast Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds unpeeled new potatoes, scrubbed
- ½ cup chopped fine green onions, including green tops
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fine Chives
- ¼ cup Bacon Bits
- Prepare the vinaigrette; set aside to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until just tender, about 15 to 18 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water, then drain again. Let cool to the touch.
- Cut the potatoes into halves, if very small leave whole; transfer them to a medium bowl.
- Add the green onions, garlic, chives & bacon bits; toss gently.
- Whisk the dressing; add it to the salad and toss again. Use a slotted spoon to strain the salad for serving.
- This salad will keep for up to 2 days in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator. Bring to room temp, before serving.
NotesUnlike typical American potato salad, this one contains no mayonnaise, making it safer for serving at outdoor events during the heat of summer. To add color to the plate, serve a mound of the salad atop a thin tomato slice.