- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI haven't made this yet, but I really need to as soon as the weather warms up and we have a summer bbq. It's really too much for two people.
- 1 pound small white boiling potatoes
- 1 pound small red boiling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons good dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced scallions (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves
- Drop the white and red potatoes into a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until they are just cooked through.
- Drain in a colander and place a towel over the potatoes to allow them to steam for 10 more minutes.
- As soon as you can handle them, cut in 1/2 (quarters if the potatoes are larger) and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss gently with the wine and chicken stock. Allow the liquids to soak into the warm potatoes before proceeding.
- Combine the vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Add the vinaigrette to the potatoes. Add the scallions, dill, parsley, basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.