- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 750g small Pontiac potatoes, peeled
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced green part of leek (about 90g)
- 4 teaspoons mono or poly unsaturated margarine
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon wholegrain mustard
- 8 grinds black pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a pan with enough boiling water to cover. Boil over a medium heat for 12 minutes, until almost tender. Drain and cool. Cut into 5mm slices
- 2. Heat oil in a large non stock frying pan over a medium heat. Add leek, cover and saute for 5 minutes, shaking pan frequently while in contact with heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer leek to a paper towel lined plate.
- 3. Add half the margarine and half the potatoes to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, turn over and cook for a further 5 minutes. Transfer potatoes to plate with leek. Add remaining margarine and potatoes to pan and cook as directed.
- 4. Mix lemon rind, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, mustard and pepper together in a small bowl. Return leek and all potatoes to pan. heat through until hot, about 2 minutes. Pour lemon mixture over and serve immediately.
- PREPARE IN ADVANCE
- Prepare this dish a few hours in advance; place in a microwave safe dish and microwave on Medium for 5 to 7 minutes, until heated through.
- COOK'S TIPS
- Select small potatoes for best presentation. They will give attractive small round slices. For added colour use the green part of the leek.
- To saute potatoes in a low-fat recipe, cook half the quantity (in a single layer in possible) in half the fat. Remove, then repeat with remaining potatoes and fat.
- Recipe from Quick, Light & Delicious
Select small potatoes for best presentation. They will give attractive small round slices. For added colour use the green part of the leek.
To saute potatoes in a low-fat recipe, cook half the quantity (in a single layer in possible) in half the fat. Remove, then repeat with remaining potatoes and fat.