- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: Yeilds 6 (w/12 potatoes)
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 8-12 Russet potatoes
- 1-2 sticks of butter cut into 1TBSP. sized pieces
- 4 cups of milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Get a large pot of water to boiling on high. While your water is coming to a boil,
- (Wash) Peel and cut potatoes. (Cut in half, then quarter them.)
- Place potatoes in a pot full of boiling water. (Water should be high enough to cover potatoes but not boil over! :) )
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes. (fork tender.)
- Drain HALF of the starchy water off, into a colander leaving the other half in the pot with the potatoes.
- Add milk to potatoes and water.
- Mash some of the potatoes, for a thicker soup consistency.
- Add parsley.
- Add butter.
- Season with Salt & Pepper, generously.
- Feel free to garnish with Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, bacon bits!
NotesGrowing up, one of my favorite and most comforting meals to eat was my mom's Homemade Potato Soup. Warm & Creamy, with tender potatoes, ... I would have "2nds" quite often. As an adult, I often find myself having 3rds... and on particularly chilly days, maybe a small 4th! :) Comforting, and delicious; this Homemade Potato Soup is sure to please.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
GAES PTO Recipes
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More