- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 35
- 10 medium-large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups ground cooked meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground sweet paprika
- 2 cups gravy or Mushroom Sauce
- Cook potatoes in water to cover, over medium-high heat 15 minutes. Remove potatoes from water, then discard water. Let potatoes cool,then peel.
- Lengthwise, cut top 1/5 off each potato, then reserve tops. Carefully hollow out each potato, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell; reserve potato flesh for other use.
- Preheat oven to 400 F Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet. Add onion, then saute over medium heat until tender. Blend in meat, egg, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stuff potatoes with meat mixture, then replace tops. Arrange potatoes in greased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Melt 2 tablespoons butter; stir in paprika. Brush mixture lightly over potatoes.
- Bake 45 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Serve hot with gravy or Mushroom Sauce, if desired.
NotesSurprise your family with this stuffed potato.