- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons oil or margarine
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 5 cups meat stock
- 1 pound cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 pound potatoes, diced
- 2 beet roots, diced
- 4 tablespoons cream
- Sauté Onion lightly in oil.
- Add carrots and celery and continue to saute.
- Add flour and continue to saute.
- Add tomato sauce and a few tablespoons stock slowly, stirring continuously. Cook over low heat until the sauce is ready.
- Boil the remaining stock and add cabbage.
- Add vinegar and cook for 15 minutes, then add potatoes and beet roots and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot, covered with a tablespoon of cream for each dish.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More