- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 C baking potato
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbl baking powder
- 5 Tbl butter
- 1/4 C milk
- 3 Tbl cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbl water
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Peel & Chop the potatoes into cubes and add to salted boiling water. Boil for about 10 minutes or until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain and transfer to a small bowl. Mash the potatoes and allow to cool.
- In a separate and larger bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Cut the butter into small pieces and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles a coarse meal. Add the potatoes and the milk. Combine until a sticky dough is formed.
- Grease or line a baking sheet.
- Using your hands form the dough into 10 rounds about 1/2 an inch in thickness and place on the baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg with the water in a small bowl. Brush the biscuits with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 10 minutes and then add the cheddar cheese to the tops of each.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Serve warm.
NotesBackstory: From another of my favorite food blogs. http://probonobaker.typepad.com . They're nice and moist. The next time I have leftover mashed potatoes, I'm going to try this with them.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More