- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 C baking potato
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbl baking powder
- 5 Tbl butter
- 1/4 C milk
- 3 Tbl cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbl water
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Peel & Chop the potatoes into cubes and add to salted boiling water. Boil for about 10 minutes or until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain and transfer to a small bowl. Mash the potatoes and allow to cool.
- In a separate and larger bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Cut the butter into small pieces and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles a coarse meal. Add the potatoes and the milk. Combine until a sticky dough is formed.
- Grease or line a baking sheet.
- Using your hands form the dough into 10 rounds about 1/2 an inch in thickness and place on the baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg with the water in a small bowl. Brush the biscuits with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 10 minutes and then add the cheddar cheese to the tops of each.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Serve warm.
NotesBackstory: From another of my favorite food blogs. http://probonobaker.typepad.com . They're nice and moist. The next time I have leftover mashed potatoes, I'm going to try this with them.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More