- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 white potatoes
- 1 cup of Cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1/2 chopped onions (sauted)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 4 cut potatoes to a boil.
- Drain potatoes and reserve potato water for pierogy dough.
- Mash the potatoes
- Add cheese, onion, salt and pepper to the potatoes.
- Mash potatoes and cheese thoroughly until they blend into a smooth paste.
- Pour filling into a bowl and cool before filling pierogies.
NotesMy mother married twice. The second husband was a Ukrainian and she made these often. This looks complicated but it is not. Just time consumming.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More