- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 10 oz. thick sliced bacon (about 10 slices), diced about 1/4"
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped about 1/2"
- 2 small or 1 large leek (just the white and light green part), split and washed
- 5 lb. potatoes (use any small variety, just do not use russet potatoes, I like to use yellow Finns or Yukon Gold potatoes), peeled...3 lb. cut into large pieces and 2 lb. diced 1/2"
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 gallon chicken stock
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 qt. Half&Half
- 3 each scallions, green only, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a six qt. pot over high heat and add the bacon.
- Cook until crisp and remove from the fat and drain (this will be garnish for the soup), leave the fat in the pot.
- Add the onions and cook until beginning to brown.
- Add the leeks and cook for about one minute.
- Add the large pieces of potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium high and cook until the potatoes are breaking down.
- Remove from the heat and pureé the liquid.
- Add the Half&Half and bring to a slow boil.
- Add the rest of the potatoes and cook on low for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- Serve with a crusty bread and garnish with crisp bacon, sliced green onions and shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More