- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 sm onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 med leek, coarsely chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bacon slice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium starchy potatoes, skinned and sliced thin
- 1 1/2 c chicken stock
- 1 1/2 c cream (I used whole milk)
- 1/2 c sour cream
- Melt butter over medium-low heat. Add vegetables, thyme, bacon, and bay leaf and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, then cover with stock and cream. Bring to a simmer and cook partially covered for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Transfer soup to a food processor and blend until is has reached the desired consistency. I don't like to puree my soups very much - I enjoy the texture that a less pureed one has to offer. Transfer soup back to pot.
- Blend in sour cream, season with salt and pepper, and serve with French bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More