POTATO AND ZUCCHINI FRITTATA
- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 small russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini (about 6 ounces), grated and squeezed dry in clean kitchen towel
- 1/2 cup queso fresco (2 ounces)
- 2 strips cooked crumbled turkey bacon, optional
- Bring the potatoes with enough cold water to cover to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook, over medium-high heat, until the potatoes are tender, 6 to 8 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, cilantro, salt, and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven broiler to medium-high.
- Heat the oil in a medium (10-inch) ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, 2 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until tender, about 6 minutes more. Add the cooked potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes begin to brown slightly, about 4 minutes more.
- Evenly pour the egg mixture over the vegetable mixture. Cook, over medium heat, tilting the pan and lifting the edges with a rubber spatula to let the uncooked egg flow underneath. Sprinkle with the cheese and the bacon, if using. Broil, 5 to 7 inches from the heat, until the eggs puff and are just set and the cheese is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove carefully to a plate, or serve in wedges directly from the skillet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More