- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Combine half-and-half with sugar and heat in microwave for 2 minutes (or gently heat in a saucepan, stirring until the sugar dissolves).
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl and pour the hot half-and-half over them.
- Let sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Divide mixture amoung six 1/2-cup or four 3/4-cup heatproof ramekins.
- Pour 2 cups water into a 6-qt. or larger pressure cooker.
- Set a trivet in place and set a steaming basket or rack on top of trivet.
- Place a layer of ramekins in the basket.
- You can stack a second layer, pyramid-style.
- Lock lid in place.
- Bring to high pressure over high heat. Reduce heat just enough to maintain high pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Allow pressure to come down naturally.
- Remove lid, tilting away from you.
- After the steam has subsided, lift the basket or individual ramekins from the cooker with tongs and set on wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream if desired.
NotesRecipe comes from a cookbook entitled "Pressure Perfect" by L. Sass
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More