- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Combine half-and-half with sugar and heat in microwave for 2 minutes (or gently heat in a saucepan, stirring until the sugar dissolves).
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl and pour the hot half-and-half over them.
- Let sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Divide mixture amoung six 1/2-cup or four 3/4-cup heatproof ramekins.
- Pour 2 cups water into a 6-qt. or larger pressure cooker.
- Set a trivet in place and set a steaming basket or rack on top of trivet.
- Place a layer of ramekins in the basket.
- You can stack a second layer, pyramid-style.
- Lock lid in place.
- Bring to high pressure over high heat. Reduce heat just enough to maintain high pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Allow pressure to come down naturally.
- Remove lid, tilting away from you.
- After the steam has subsided, lift the basket or individual ramekins from the cooker with tongs and set on wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream if desired.
NotesRecipe comes from a cookbook entitled "Pressure Perfect" by L. Sass