- Cooking Time: 30-40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2-4 Chicken Breasts (if they are large, halve them to make 4)
- Poultry Seasoning blend
- Olive Oil & Butter for sauteing
- 1/2 bottle+/- Chardonnay
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes, quartered
- 4 Carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk Celery, sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 sm Vidalia Onion, sliced
- 1/2 container White Button or Baby Portabello Mushrooms, sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3-4 sprigs ea fresh: Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano, or other savory herb
- 1/4c Flour
- 1/2 pint+/- Cream (half n half)
- * Heat oil & butter in Dutch oven; season breasts and saute (I cut up veggies while chicken is cooking) til browned on both sides, turning once. Remove from pan and set aside.
- * Deglaze pan w/splash of wine, scraping any bits from pan.
- * Add potatoes and liberal splash of wine; stir, cover and cook 5-7min or so.
- * Add carrots and repeat as before. The idea is to slowly steam/saute veggies without overcooking (boiling); stir often but cover to cook.
- * Add celery, garlic, onion, mushrooms, herbs and season w/salt & pepper, add splash of wine, and repeat again as before.
- * Once veggies are tender-crisp, remove from pan.
- * Whisk in flour, adding splashes of wine as needed to make a roux and keep paste from scorching and becoming too thick to manage; cook 5-7min or so, whisking constantly.
- * Slowly add cream, whisking constantly, cooking to a low, simmering boil til thickened but not gravy-like, 7-10min.
- * Return veggies & meat to sauce; reduce heat to very low, stir, cover and cook til reheated through and chicken is done, 5-10min.
- * Serve chicken atop veggies covered w/sauce and garnish w/reserved sprigs of herbs.
NotesOr Country French Chicken- whatever you want to call it. You can also make it w/seafood, but obviously then it wouldn't be called "poulet".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More