- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIf you love pound cake, you will have to try this.
- 4 slices, each 3/4" thick pound cake
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs. butter or margarine
- Powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream or milk, extracts and spices.
- Soak pound cake slices in the mixture, making sure all sides and top of each slice are saturated.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Transfer soaked pound cake slices to the heated skillet and fry until golden brown, turning once. Dust with powdered sugar and top with fresh fruit or maple syrup.