- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 slices, each 3/4" thick pound cake
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs. butter or margarine
- Powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream or milk, extracts and spices.
- Soak pound cake slices in the mixture, making sure all sides and top of each slice are saturated.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Transfer soaked pound cake slices to the heated skillet and fry until golden brown, turning once. Dust with powdered sugar and top with fresh fruit or maple syrup.
NotesIf you love pound cake, you will have to try this.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More