- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 slices, each 3/4" thick pound cake
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs. butter or margarine
- Powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream or milk, extracts and spices.
- Soak pound cake slices in the mixture, making sure all sides and top of each slice are saturated.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Transfer soaked pound cake slices to the heated skillet and fry until golden brown, turning once. Dust with powdered sugar and top with fresh fruit or maple syrup.
NotesIf you love pound cake, you will have to try this.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More