- Cooking Time: 55-60
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 5
- For Cake:
- 1 Carton Dassant Pound Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- [Note: Can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.]
- Store bought vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- For Batter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease 8x4 loaf pan with cooking spray or melted butter.
- Combine eggs, oil, and water. Add mix.
- Blend together until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- For Fries
- Preheat the oven broiler on high.
- Slice prepared loaf into 1/2-inch thick slices using a vegetable crinkle cutter. Then crosscut slices into strips.
- Place strips on baking sheet and broil, rotating on all sides until golden brown.
- Take 1/2 container of vanilla frosting and add food coloring, tinting until bright red.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More